As any good writer or marketer will tell you it’s important to connect with your audience and this is why I have reached out to a focus group to answer a series of questions about the book after reading the first draft, basically creating a Review of Kill Robin Hood. I had been working away diligently on my book “You Must Kill Robin Hood to Get Rich” for a little over a year. I got the idea, wrote the outline of chapters, I wrote the first 3 chapters, and then the book sat untouched for 10 months.
In January of this year I told myself, “Janine it’s time for you to step up! You would never let your clients get away with this so get to it!” Much to my personal astonishment I finished the first full draft in a matter of weeks. At a certain point, I’m not quite sure when, the book simply began to write itself! I had done over a dozen rewrites when it occurred to me, “I need to get feedback from a group of people to see if I’m on the right track” and this is what you are looking at here in the answers to this post.
I asked a few dozen people to read the book and come here to answer the questions listed below. I also offered an extra credit assignment to a college course I’m teaching if they read the book and answer the questions. The college students are providing the vast majority of the responses to book review. I think the college students were more comfortable with posting on the computer and over coming any technical difficulties. At the time of the main entries this post was password protected because I had a copy of the unfinished manuscript of the book for review and I have since taken it down and made this page public.
I will be doing my final rewrite today, March 4, 2013, and sending the book off to the editor and publishing house for the final phase of development! I’m very excited to have my first book almost there. This book is the first of 5 books that are specifically designed to help you change your relationship with money and transform your life. I believe as we transform our lives as individuals we can transform our country! One person at a time!
These are the questions people answered after reading the book:
- Was there any area of the book you found confusing? If so please list the chapter, page and paragraph.
- At any time while reading the book did you get bored? If so please list the chapter, page, and paragraph where you lost interest.
- At anytime reading the book did you have a strong emotional reaction ie become angry, feel motivated, outraged, inspired? If so please list chapter, page, section.
- What did you enjoy most about the book?
- What did you enjoy least about the book?
- Would you recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?
- What do you think about the Action Steps?
- Did this book leave you wanting more? If so what actions are you willing to take to get more information from the author?
- Would you take live or online training programs associated to this book? Why or why not?
- Do you feel an online workbook to support the Actions steps of this book would be helpful? Why or Why not?
- Bonus question… please feel free to share your overall thoughts and feelings about the book!
A side note about the book: the book will be fully illustrated with funny pictures in front of each chapter to ease the Killing of a childhood Icon.