Another year has come and gone! I had such high hopes for 2013 but the universe or the powers that be didn’t have the same results in mind! Don’t you hate it when that happens! Boy oh Boy was this the year for Murphy’s law or was it just me? Anything that could go wrong did go wrong and so did a few things that were in the bag, until the bag got a hole in it!
The funny thing about this past year, with the good the bad and the ugly of it, it was a blast!
Here’s a list of what wrong:
1. My book didn’t get finished yet because the publisher farmed out the illustrations to a foreign county, without telling me. The book is titled, You Must Kill Robin Hood to Get Rich, and the illustrator made Robin Hoods costume red! And that’s just for starters! It’s Robin Hood not Santa!
2. I hired a company to bring all of my blogs and websites under one domain so they would be easily accessed, I wouldn’t have to write as many blog post, and you could smoothly find all of my programs and services. Not only did they charge me a crazy amount of money they didn’t do half of the things I wanted and when I asked them to fix what they did do they wanted to charge me more money. That was actually funny because they didn’t realize who they were dealing with!
3. I joined a the National Association of “(I don’t want to say the real name)” for Women and the chapters they have are over an hour drive from my home. I volunteered to open a new chapter to serve hundreds of undeserved woman. I was refused because a woman of a large chapter in an adjoining city didn’t want me to compete with her meeting. She told me to move a few miles south and she would get them to approve my chapter.
Here’s what went right!
1. Because the illustrations haven’t been completed for my book I have had more time to do some rewrites and add two new chapters that are pivotal to creating long-term Financial Independence!
2. While working on my websites I have put a name to what I have been doing for years, I have embraced my provocative and controversial nature, and have put togehter a revolutionary program that has had monumental success in it’s trial run!
3. I have thought long and hard about what to do with this Woman’s Association: do I fight for what is right, spend hours of my time to get hundreds of women to sign a petition to have my chapter instated, do I take over an existing chapter and change the name and move it where I want to be or do I do something entirely different? This whole process has inspired me to reopen the live meetings of my Balance Club. In 2010 I had 40 members who attended live events within months of opening it to the public. But when I decided to travel across America and close the physical location of my school, the Elias Relationship Academy and put everything online, I stopped the live meetings. Well why should I build their social organization when I can build my own? So, as my father says, “The Devil With Them” I will be reopening the Balance Club Live Events in February of 2014!
4. There were so many amazing things that happened this year: I made dozens of new friends, attracted, hundreds of new clients, bought a awesome new car, got engaged and married (we eloped last week), and tripled my income for the second year in a row!
I believe our life is a series of stories we tell ourselves about what has happened. As I began today’s blog post it seemed as though I was leading you down a dark path but we ended in a sunny meadow. All it took was a few plot twist as we turned negative stories of misfortune into opportunities to take a different path!
What happened to you this past year and how are you turning misfortune into good fortune?